T3S-1124 - UMR-S 1124
Université de Paris
45 rue des Saints Pères
75270 Paris Cedex 06
Fax : +33 (0) 1 42 86 38 68
University researcher, IR
sylvie.bortoli@-Code to remove to avoid SPAM-u-paris.fr
+33 1 76 53 43 75, room P461
Sylvie Bortoli is Research Engineer (IR1) at the University Paris Descartes and she is a member of INSERM UMRS-1124 since January 2005. She investigates the impact of environmental pollutants on the initiation and the progression of the tumoral phenotype. She is also involved in the teaching of the cancer cell metabolism in the Master degree program “Toxicology, Environment, Health” at the University Paris Descartes, and in the Master Degree program “Nutrition, Metabolism and Signaling” at the University Paris Diderot.
Sylvie has obtained her PhD in Biology at the University Paris Sud in 1997, with a work on the regulation of the insulin receptor expression. During her postdoctoral fellowship, her research focused on the transcriptomic profiling during muscle aging and differentiation. She also participated in the molecular and functional characterization of muscle stem cells. She worked for 10 years in the field of adipose tissue physiopathology, metabolic disorders and cancer cell metabolism, and she joined the METATOX team in 2010. She is interested in the links between environmental contaminants, cell metabolism and chronic diseases. She is PI or involved as scientist in several national and international projects (EU H2020, ANSES, EcoPhyto, ITMO Cancer, ANR) aiming to characterize the impact of dioxins, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and pesticides on metabolic reprogramming in relation with cancer progression. She is a member of the “Cancer and Environment” steering committee of the National League against Cancer (LNCC), the scientific council of the French Society of Nutrition (SFN) and she participates in the ORRCH working group within the ALLISS collaborative platform dedicated to the development of cooperation between research and civil society.
- A new threat identified in the use of SDHIs pesticides targeting the mitochondrial succinate dehydrogenase enzyme. Benit P, Bortoli S, Huc L, Schiff M, Gimenez-Roqueplo AP, Rak M, Gressens P, Favier J, Rustin P. bioRxiv 289058; doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/289058
- Nrf2 and AhR in metabolic reprogramming after contaminant exposure. Bortoli S, Boutet-Robinet E, Lagadic-Gosmann D, Huc L. Curr Op Toxicol 2018 DOI 10.1016/j.cotox.2017.12.001
- DNA damage response upon environmental contaminants: An exhausting work for genomic integrity. Boutet-Robinet E, Bortoli S, Huc L. Curr Op Toxicol 2018 DOI: 10.1016/j.cotox.2017.12.002
- A dual mixture of persistent organic pollutants modifies carbohydrate metabolism in the human hepatic cell line HepaRG.
Leblanc AF, Attignon EA, Distel E, Karakitsios SP, Sarigiannis DA, Bortoli S, Barouki R, Coumoul X, Aggerbeck M, Blanc EB : Environ Res, 2019
- 6-mercaptopurine promotes energetic failure in proliferating T cells.
Fernández-Ramos AA, Marchetti-Laurent C, Poindessous V, Antonio S, Laurent-Puig P, Bortoli S, Loriot MA, Pallet N : Oncotarget, 2017
- A comprehensive characterization of the impact of mycophenolic acid on the metabolism of Jurkat T cells.
Fernández-Ramos AA, Marchetti-Laurent C, Poindessous V, Antonio S, Petitgas C, Ceballos-Picot I, Laurent-Puig P, Bortoli S, Loriot MA, Pallet N : Sci Rep, 2017
- Role for the ATPase inhibitory factor 1 in the environmental carcinogen-induced Warburg phenotype.
Hardonnière K, Fernier M, Gallais I, Mograbi B, Podechard N, Le Ferrec E, Grova N, Appenzeller B, Burel A, Chevanne M, Sergent O, Huc L, Bortoli S, Lagadic-Gossmann D : Sci Rep, 2017
- Paradoxical Inhibition of Glycolysis by Pioglitazone Opposes the Mitochondriopathy Caused by AIF Deficiency.
Bénit P, Pelhaître A, Saunier E, Bortoli S, Coulibaly A, Rak M, Schiff M, Kroemer G, Zeviani M, Rustin P : EBioMedicine, 2017
- Early induction of pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 4 by retinoic acids in adipocytes.
Distel E, Cadoudal T, Collinet M, Park EA, Benelli C, Bortoli S : Mol Nutr Food Res, 2017
- Resveratrol reverses the Warburg effect by targeting the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex in colon cancer cells.
Saunier E, Antonio S, Regazzetti A, Auzeil N, Laprévote O, Shay JW, Coumoul X, Barouki R, Benelli C, Huc L, Bortoli S : Sci Rep, 2017
- The environmental carcinogen benzo[a]pyrene induces a Warburg-like metabolic reprogramming dependent on NHE1 and associated with cell survival.
Hardonnière K, Saunier E, Lemarié A, Fernier M, Gallais I, Héliès-Toussaint C, Mograbi B, Antonio S, Bénit P, Rustin P, Janin M, Habarou F, Ottolenghi C, Lavault MT, Benelli C, Sergent O, Huc L, Bortoli S, Lagadic-Gossmann D : Sci Rep, 2016
- The pyruvate dehydrogenase complex in cancer: An old metabolic gatekeeper regulated by new pathways and pharmacological agents.
Saunier E, Benelli C, Bortoli S : Int J Cancer, 2015
- Down-regulation of the phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase gene in human colon tumors and induction by omega-3 fatty acids.
Blouin JM, Bortoli S, Nacfer M, Collinet M, Penot G, Laurent-Puig P, Forest C : Biochimie, 2010
- Butyrate elicits a metabolic switch in human colon cancer cells by targeting the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex.
Blouin JM, Penot G, Collinet M, Nacfer M, Forest C, Laurent-Puig P, Coumoul X, Barouki R, Benelli C, Bortoli S : Int J Cancer, 2010
- Pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 4: regulation by thiazolidinediones and implication in glyceroneogenesis in adipose tissue.
Cadoudal T, Distel E, Durant S, Fouque F, Blouin JM, Collinet M, Bortoli S, Forest C, Benelli C : Diabetes, 2008