T3S-1124 - UMR-S 1124
Université de Paris
45 rue des Saints Pères
75270 Paris Cedex 06
Fax : +33 (0) 1 42 86 38 68
University researcher, IR
sylvie.bortoli@-Code to remove to avoid SPAM-u-paris.fr
+33 1 76 53 43 75, room P461
Sylvie Bortoli (PhD, HDR) is Research Engineer (IR1) at the University Paris Descartes and she is a member of INSERM UMRS-1124 since January 2005. She investigates the impact of environmental pollutants on the progression of tumoral phenotype. She is also involved in the teaching of the mechanisms of toxicity in the Master degree program “Toxicology, Environment, Health” at the University Paris Descartes, and in the Master Degree program “Nutrition, Metabolism and Signaling” at the University Paris Diderot.
Sylvie has obtained her PhD in Biology at the University Paris Sud in 1997, with a work on the regulation of the insulin receptor expression. During her postdoctoral fellowship, her research focused on the transcriptomic profiling during muscle aging and differentiation. She also participated in the molecular and functional characterization of muscle stem cells. She worked for 10 years in the field of adipose tissue physiopathology, metabolic disorders and cancer cell metabolism, and she joined the METATOX team in 2010. She is interested in the links between environmental contaminants, metabolic reprogramming and chronic diseases. She is principal investigator or collaborator in several national and international projects (EU H2020, ANSES, EcoPhyto, ITMO Cancer, ANR) that aim to characterize the impact of dioxins, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and pesticides in cancer progression, with a particular focus on metabolic and mitochondrial dysfunction. She participated in the last collective expertise of INSERM “Pesticides and effects on health”, as an invited expert on the chapter of SDHi fungicides. She is a member of the “Cancer and Environment” steering committee of the National League against Cancer (LNCC), the scientific council of the French Society of Nutrition (SFN) and she participates in the ORRCH working group within the ALLISS collaborative platform dedicated to the development of cooperation between research and civil society.
- Identification of non-validated endocrine disrupting chemical characterization methods by screening of the literature using artificial intelligence and by database exploration. Zgheib E, Kim MJ, Jornod F, Bernal K, Tomkiewicz C, Bortoli S, Coumoul X, Barouki R, De Jesus K, Grignard E, Hubert P, Katsanou ES, Busquet F, Audouze K. Environ Int. 2021 Apr 23;154:106574. doi: 10.1016/j.envint.2021.106574
- Evolutionarily conserved susceptibility of the mitochondrial respiratory chain to SDHI pesticides and its consequence on the impact of SDHIs on human cultured cells. Bénit P, Kahn A, Chretien D, Bortoli S, Huc L, Schiff M, Gimenez-Roqueplo AP, Favier J, Gressens P, Rak M, Rustin P. Plos One 2019 14(11):e0224132.https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0224132
- A new threat identified in the use of SDHIs pesticides targeting the mitochondrial succinate dehydrogenase enzyme. Benit P, Bortoli S, Huc L, Schiff M, Gimenez-Roqueplo AP, Rak M, Gressens P, Favier J, Rustin P. bioRxiv 289058; doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/289058
- Nrf2 and AhR in metabolic reprogramming after contaminant exposure. Bortoli S, Boutet-Robinet E, Lagadic-Gosmann D, Huc L. Curr Op Toxicol 2018 DOI 10.1016/j.cotox.2017.12.001
- DNA damage response upon environmental contaminants: An exhausting work for genomic integrity. Boutet-Robinet E, Bortoli S, Huc L. Curr Op Toxicol 2018 DOI: 10.1016/j.cotox.2017.12.002
- Mitochondrial Dysfunction as a Hallmark of Environmental Injury.
Duarte-Hospital C, Tête A, Brial F, Benoit L, Koual M, Tomkiewicz C, Kim MJ, Blanc EB, Coumoul X, Bortoli S : Cells, 2021
- Identification of non-validated endocrine disrupting chemical characterization methods by screening of the literature using artificial intelligence and by database exploration.
Zgheib E, Kim MJ, Jornod F, Bernal K, Tomkiewicz C, Bortoli S, Coumoul X, Barouki R, De Jesus K, Grignard E, Hubert P, Katsanou ES, Busquet F, Audouze K : Environ Int, 2021
- Evolutionarily conserved susceptibility of the mitochondrial respiratory chain to SDHI pesticides and its consequence on the impact of SDHIs on human cultured cells.
Bénit P, Kahn A, Chretien D, Bortoli S, Huc L, Schiff M, Gimenez-Roqueplo AP, Favier J, Gressens P, Rak M, Rustin P : PLoS One, 2019
- A dual mixture of persistent organic pollutants modifies carbohydrate metabolism in the human hepatic cell line HepaRG.
Leblanc AF, Attignon EA, Distel E, Karakitsios SP, Sarigiannis DA, Bortoli S, Barouki R, Coumoul X, Aggerbeck M, Blanc EB : Environ Res, 2019
- 6-mercaptopurine promotes energetic failure in proliferating T cells.
Fernández-Ramos AA, Marchetti-Laurent C, Poindessous V, Antonio S, Laurent-Puig P, Bortoli S, Loriot MA, Pallet N : Oncotarget, 2017
- A comprehensive characterization of the impact of mycophenolic acid on the metabolism of Jurkat T cells.
Fernández-Ramos AA, Marchetti-Laurent C, Poindessous V, Antonio S, Petitgas C, Ceballos-Picot I, Laurent-Puig P, Bortoli S, Loriot MA, Pallet N : Sci Rep, 2017
- Role for the ATPase inhibitory factor 1 in the environmental carcinogen-induced Warburg phenotype.
Hardonnière K, Fernier M, Gallais I, Mograbi B, Podechard N, Le Ferrec E, Grova N, Appenzeller B, Burel A, Chevanne M, Sergent O, Huc L, Bortoli S, Lagadic-Gossmann D : Sci Rep, 2017
- Paradoxical Inhibition of Glycolysis by Pioglitazone Opposes the Mitochondriopathy Caused by AIF Deficiency.
Bénit P, Pelhaître A, Saunier E, Bortoli S, Coulibaly A, Rak M, Schiff M, Kroemer G, Zeviani M, Rustin P : EBioMedicine, 2017
- Early induction of pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 4 by retinoic acids in adipocytes.
Distel E, Cadoudal T, Collinet M, Park EA, Benelli C, Bortoli S : Mol Nutr Food Res, 2017
- Resveratrol reverses the Warburg effect by targeting the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex in colon cancer cells.
Saunier E, Antonio S, Regazzetti A, Auzeil N, Laprévote O, Shay JW, Coumoul X, Barouki R, Benelli C, Huc L, Bortoli S : Sci Rep, 2017
- The environmental carcinogen benzo[a]pyrene induces a Warburg-like metabolic reprogramming dependent on NHE1 and associated with cell survival.
Hardonnière K, Saunier E, Lemarié A, Fernier M, Gallais I, Héliès-Toussaint C, Mograbi B, Antonio S, Bénit P, Rustin P, Janin M, Habarou F, Ottolenghi C, Lavault MT, Benelli C, Sergent O, Huc L, Bortoli S, Lagadic-Gossmann D : Sci Rep, 2016
- The pyruvate dehydrogenase complex in cancer: An old metabolic gatekeeper regulated by new pathways and pharmacological agents.
Saunier E, Benelli C, Bortoli S : Int J Cancer, 2015
- Down-regulation of the phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase gene in human colon tumors and induction by omega-3 fatty acids.
Blouin JM, Bortoli S, Nacfer M, Collinet M, Penot G, Laurent-Puig P, Forest C : Biochimie, 2010
- Butyrate elicits a metabolic switch in human colon cancer cells by targeting the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex.
Blouin JM, Penot G, Collinet M, Nacfer M, Forest C, Laurent-Puig P, Coumoul X, Barouki R, Benelli C, Bortoli S : Int J Cancer, 2010
- Pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 4: regulation by thiazolidinediones and implication in glyceroneogenesis in adipose tissue.
Cadoudal T, Distel E, Durant S, Fouque F, Blouin JM, Collinet M, Bortoli S, Forest C, Benelli C : Diabetes, 2008