Despite the severe impact of the diseases of demyelination on patients’ lives and society, little is known about the processes of de/re/myelination. Our aim is to build a research group working on myelin physiology and pathologies affecting the nervous system. The main focuses are: (i) to identify new signaling pathways involved in myelination and demyelination; (ii) to examine their impact on nervous system pathologies (Multiple Sclerosis [MS], Nerve Injuries, Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathies [DPN], Traumatic Brain Injuries [TBI]); (iii) to study the impact of the environmental factors (stress, pollutants) on normal myelination process and on enhancing insults to cause exacerbated demyelination and co-morbidity.
We will develop an interdisciplinary research based on preclinical and clinical approaches using molecular and cell biology, behavior, biophysics and physiology to study the myelination process as well as de/remyelination following pathological conditions. We will focus our work on oxysterol/LXR, dioxin/AhR and ADAM10 pathways as well as oxidative stress. Our project will allow deciphering the signaling pathways involved in myelination process and their dysregulation during demyelination. It will also open new avenues for the treatment of myelin pathologies.
- Effects of Single Cage Housing on Stress, Cognitive, and Seizure Parameters in the Rat and Mouse Pilocarpine Models of Epilepsy.
Manouze H, Ghestem A, Poillerat V, Bennis M, Ba-M’hamed S, Benoliel JJ, Becker C, Bernard C : ENeuro, 2019
- Endogenous multidien rhythm of epilepsy in rats.
Baud MO, Ghestem A, Benoliel JJ, Becker C, Bernard C : Exp Neurol, 2019
- Antioxidant treatment after epileptogenesis onset prevents comorbidities in rats sensitized by a past stressful event.
Becker C, Mancic A, Ghestem A, Poillerat V, Claverie D, Bartolomei F, Brouillard F, Benoliel JJ, Bernard C : Epilepsia, 2019
- UCP1 transrepression in Brown Fat in vivo and mineralocorticoid receptor anti-thermogenic effects.
Kuhn E, Lamribet K, Viengchareun S, Le Menuet D, Fève B, Lombès M : Ann Endocrinol (Paris), 2019
- Crosstalk Between Glucocorticoid Receptor and Early-growth Response Protein 1 Accounts for Repression of Brain-derived Neurotrophic Factor Transcript 4 Expression.
Chen H, Amazit L, Lombès M, Le Menuet D : Neuroscience, 2019
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids metabolism, purine metabolism and inosine as potential independent diagnostic biomarkers for major depressive disorder in children and adolescents.
Zhou X, Liu L, Lan X, Cohen D, Zhang Y, Ravindran AV, Yuan S, Zheng P, Coghill D, Yang L, Hetrick SE, Jiang X, Benoliel JJ, Cipriani A, Xie P : Mol Psychiatry, 2018
- Liver X Receptor exerts a protective effect against the oxidative stress in the peripheral nerve.
Hichor M, Sundaram VK, Eid SA, Abdel-Rassoul R, Petit PX, Borderie D, Bastin J, Eid AA, Manuel M, Grenier J, Massaad C : Sci Rep, 2018
- Mechanical Stretch of High Magnitude Provokes Axonal Injury, Elongation of Paranodal Junctions, and Signaling Alterations in Oligodendrocytes.
Chierto E, Simon A, Castoldi F, Meffre D, Cristinziano G, Sapone F, Carrete A, Borderie D, Etienne F, Rannou F, Morrison B, Massaad C, Jafarian-Tehrani M : Mol Neurobiol, 2018
- A novel model of trauma-induced cerebellar injury and myelin loss in mouse organotypic cerebellar slice cultures using live imaging.
Llufriu-Dabén G, Meffre D, Massaad C, Jafarian-Tehrani M : J Neurosci Methods, 2018
- Involvement of Aryl hydrocarbon receptor in myelination and in human nerve sheath tumorigenesis.
Shackleford G, Sampathkumar NK, Hichor M, Weill L, Meffre D, Juricek L, Laurendeau I, Chevallier A, Ortonne N, Larousserie F, Herbin M, Bièche I, Coumoul X, Beraneck M, Baulieu EE, Charbonnier F, Pasmant E, Massaad C : Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2018