Despite the severe impact of the diseases of demyelination on patients’ lives and society, little is known about the processes of de/re/myelination. Our aim is to build a research group working on myelin physiology and pathologies affecting the nervous system. The main focuses are: (i) to identify new signaling pathways involved in myelination and demyelination; (ii) to examine their impact on nervous system pathologies (Multiple Sclerosis [MS], Nerve Injuries, Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathies [DPN], Traumatic Brain Injuries [TBI]); (iii) to study the impact of the environmental factors (stress, pollutants) on normal myelination process and on enhancing insults to cause exacerbated demyelination and co-morbidity.
We will develop an interdisciplinary research based on preclinical and clinical approaches using molecular and cell biology, behavior, biophysics and physiology to study the myelination process as well as de/remyelination following pathological conditions. We will focus our work on oxysterol/LXR, dioxin/AhR and ADAM10 pathways as well as oxidative stress. Our project will allow deciphering the signaling pathways involved in myelination process and their dysregulation during demyelination. It will also open new avenues for the treatment of myelin pathologies.
- Viscous Core Liposomes Increase siRNA Encapsulation and Provides Gene Inhibition When Slightly Positively Charged.
Ahmed S, Salmon H, Distasio N, Do HD, Scherman D, Alhareth K, Tabrizian M, Mignet N : Pharmaceutics, 2021
- Effect of Etazolate upon Cuprizone-induced Demyelination In Vivo: Behavioral and Myelin Gene Analysis.
Carrete A, Padilla-Ferrer A, Simon A, Meffre D, Jafarian-Tehrani M : Neuroscience, 2021
- Targeting the NADPH Oxidase-4 and Liver X Receptor Pathway Preserves Schwann Cell Integrity in Diabetic Mice.
Eid SA, El Massry M, Hichor M, Haddad M, Grenier J, Dia B, Barakat R, Boutary S, Chanal J, Aractingi S, Wiesel P, Szyndralewiez C, Azar ST, Boitard C, Zaatari G, Eid AA, Massaad C : Diabetes, 2020
- Effects of Single Cage Housing on Stress, Cognitive, and Seizure Parameters in the Rat and Mouse Pilocarpine Models of Epilepsy.
Manouze H, Ghestem A, Poillerat V, Bennis M, Ba-M’hamed S, Benoliel JJ, Becker C, Bernard C : ENeuro, 2019
- Endogenous multidien rhythm of epilepsy in rats.
Baud MO, Ghestem A, Benoliel JJ, Becker C, Bernard C : Exp Neurol, 2019
- Antioxidant treatment after epileptogenesis onset prevents comorbidities in rats sensitized by a past stressful event.
Becker C, Mancic A, Ghestem A, Poillerat V, Claverie D, Bartolomei F, Brouillard F, Benoliel JJ, Bernard C : Epilepsia, 2019
- UCP1 transrepression in Brown Fat in vivo and mineralocorticoid receptor anti-thermogenic effects.
Kuhn E, Lamribet K, Viengchareun S, Le Menuet D, Fève B, Lombès M : Ann Endocrinol (Paris), 2019
- Crosstalk Between Glucocorticoid Receptor and Early-growth Response Protein 1 Accounts for Repression of Brain-derived Neurotrophic Factor Transcript 4 Expression.
Chen H, Amazit L, Lombès M, Le Menuet D : Neuroscience, 2019