T3S-1124 - UMR-S 1124
Université de Paris
45 rue des Saints Pères
75270 Paris Cedex 06
Fax : +33 (0) 1 42 86 38 68
Sana Al Awabdh
sana.al-awabdh@-Code to remove to avoid SPAM-u-paris.fr
+33 1 42 86 4376
Sana AL Awabdh is a contract lecturer in University of Paris in Saint Germain des Saints Pères Campus where she provides teaching in biochemistry and molecular biology. Sana joined the laboratory in september 2019 where she is investigating the impact of environmental pollutants on differentiation and development of human neurons. To this aim, she combines transcriptomics, flow cytometry and imaging experiments in neuronal human cells in culture.
After graduating from Sorbonne University (University Pierre et Marie Curie Campus) with a Master degree in “Molecular and cellular biology” specialty “Biochemistry”, Sana specialized in neurobiology, she did a PhD thesis in Michel Hamon Lab in Paris in Pitié Salpêtrière hospital (UPMC), a first postdoctoral training in United Kingdom in Josef Kittler Lab in University College London (UCL) and came back to Paris for a second postdoctoral position in Fer à Moulin Institute (IFM) in Jean Christophe Poncer and Sabine Lévi Lab. She is interested in understanding molecular and cellular mechanims regulating the trafficking of receptors and transporters crucial for brain functions in vitro (cell cultures) and ex-vivo (brain slices). To this aim, she used proteomics, molecular biology tools, biochemical assays and fixed/live imaging experiments using various microscopy techniques.
- KCC2 Regulates Neuronal Excitability and Hippocampal Activity via Interaction with Task-3 Channels.
Goutierre M, Al Awabdh S, Donneger F, François E, Gomez-Dominguez D, Irinopoulou T, Menendez de la Prida L, Poncer JC : Cell Rep, 2019
- GABA receptor dependent synaptic inhibition rapidly tunes KCC2 activity via the Cl-sensitive WNK1 kinase.
Heubl M, Zhang J, Pressey JC, Al Awabdh S, Renner M, Gomez-Castro F, Moutkine I, Eugène E, Russeau M, Kahle KT, Poncer JC, Lévi S : Nat Commun, 2017
- Neuronal activity mediated regulation of glutamate transporter GLT-1 surface diffusion in rat astrocytes in dissociated and slice cultures.
Al Awabdh S, Gupta-Agarwal S, Sheehan DF, Muir J, Norkett R, Twelvetrees AE, Griffin LD, Kittler JT : Glia, 2016
- Insights into Serotonin Receptor Trafficking: Cell Membrane Targeting and Internalization.
Darmon M, Al Awabdh S, Emerit MB, Masson J : Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci, 2015
- Yif1B Is Involved in the Anterograde Traffic Pathway and the Golgi Architecture.
Alterio J, Masson J, Diaz J, Chachlaki K, Salman H, Areias J, Al Awabdh S, Emerit MB, Darmon M : Traffic, 2015
- Miro1 Regulates Activity-Driven Positioning of Mitochondria within Astrocytic Processes Apposed to Synapses to Regulate Intracellular Calcium Signaling.
Stephen TL, Higgs NF, Sheehan DF, Al Awabdh S, López-Doménech G, Arancibia-Carcamo IL, Kittler JT : J Neurosci, 2015
- A new vesicular scaffolding complex mediates the G-protein-coupled 5-HT1A receptor targeting to neuronal dendrites.
Al Awabdh S, Miserey-Lenkei S, Bouceba T, Masson J, Kano F, Marinach-Patrice C, Hamon M, Emerit MB, Darmon M : J Neurosci, 2012
- Targeting of the 5-HT1A serotonin receptor to neuronal dendrites is mediated by Yif1B.
Carrel D, Masson J, Al Awabdh S, Capra CB, Lenkei Z, Hamon M, Emerit MB, Darmon M : J Neurosci, 2008