T3S-1124 - UMR-S 1124
Université Paris Descartes
45 rue des Saints Pères
75270 Paris Cedex 06
Fax : +33 (0) 1 42 86 38 68
Associate professor, MCU Paris Descartes
Addictions pharmacology and therapy
raymond.mongeau@-Code to remove to avoid SPAM-parisdescartes.fr
Raymond Mongeau holds a PhD in Neurosciences from McGill University in Canada on the mechanisms of action of antidepressant drugs funded by the Medical Research Council of Canada. He was awarded a fellowship from the Human Frontier Science Program to work as a post-doctoral fellow at the Queen’s Medical Center, UK, to carry out behavioral and neurochemical studies in preclinical models of panic. This post-doctoral training was then completed at the UCLA, USA, to study models of innate vs. conditioned memory. He was then recruited senior researcher at the California Institute of Technology, USA, to establish innovative behavioral models in conjunction with molecular and neuroanatomical imaging tools. He acquired experience in the private sector at the Neuroscience Pharmaness, Italy, where he worked, among others, on behavioral models of negative symptoms in schizophrenia and a Web integrated database of neuropsychopharmacology. He returned to academic research in France, in collaboration with M. Hamon and L. Lanfumey at INSERM U894, La Pitié-Salpêtrière in Paris. In 2013, he was recruited as associate professor in unit EA4475, directed by C. Marchand-Leroux at the university Paris Descartes, where he worked on preclinical models of traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder. He is now working on the interactions between traumas and addiction in the PharmAddict team CNRS ERL 3649 of F. Noble, and in the unit Inserm UMR-S 1124 of R. Barouki, at the Saints Pères Center, Paris University.
- Spontaneous resurgence of conditioned fear weeks after successful extinction in brain injured mice.
Corne R, Leconte C, Ouradou M, Fassina V, Zhu Y, Déou E, Besson V, Plotkine M, Marchand-Leroux C, Mongeau R : Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry, 2019
- Increased 5-HT2C receptor editing predisposes to PTSD-like behaviors and alters BDNF and cytokines signaling.
Règue M, Poilbout C, Martin V, Franc B, Lanfumey L, Mongeau R : Transl Psychiatry, 2019
- Tetrahydrobiopterin improves hippocampal nitric oxide-linked long-term memory.
Latini A, de Bortoli da Silva L, da Luz Scheffer D, Pires ACS, de Matos FJ, Nesi RT, Ghisoni K, de Paula Martins R, de Oliveira PA, Prediger RD, Ghersi M, Gabach L, Pérez MF, Rubiales-Barioglio S, Raisman-Vozari R, Mongeau R, Lanfumey L, Aguiar AS : Mol Genet Metab, 2018
- Neuroepigenetics of Neurotrophin Signaling: Neurobiology of Anxiety and Affective Disorders.
Règue-Guyon M, Lanfumey L, Mongeau R : Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci, 2018
- 5-HT2C receptor desensitization moderates anxiety in 5-HTT deficient mice: from behavioral to cellular evidence.
Martin CB, Martin VS, Trigo JM, Chevarin C, Maldonado R, Fink LH, Cunningham KA, Hamon M, Lanfumey L, Mongeau R : Int J Neuropsychopharmacol, 2014
- Controversies on the role of 5-HT(2C) receptors in the mechanisms of action of antidepressant drugs.
Martin CB, Hamon M, Lanfumey L, Mongeau R : Neurosci Biobehav Rev, 2014
- RNA splicing and editing modulation of 5-HT(2C) receptor function: relevance to anxiety and aggression in VGV mice.
Martin CB, Ramond F, Farrington DT, Aguiar AS, Chevarin C, Berthiau AS, Caussanel S, Lanfumey L, Herrick-Davis K, Hamon M, Madjar JJ, Mongeau R : Mol Psychiatry, 2013
- Severe serotonin depletion after conditional deletion of the vesicular monoamine transporter 2 gene in serotonin neurons: neural and behavioral consequences.
Narboux-Nême N, Sagné C, Doly S, Diaz SL, Martin CB, Angenard G, Martres MP, Giros B, Hamon M, Lanfumey L, Gaspar P, Mongeau R : Neuropsychopharmacology, 2011
- VGLUT3 (vesicular glutamate transporter type 3) contribution to the regulation of serotonergic transmission and anxiety.
Amilhon B, Lepicard E, Renoir T, Mongeau R, Popa D, Poirel O, Miot S, Gras C, Gardier AM, Gallego J, Hamon M, Lanfumey L, Gasnier B, Giros B, El Mestikawy S : J Neurosci, 2010