T3S-1124 - UMR-S 1124
Université Paris Descartes
45 rue des Saints Pères
75270 Paris Cedex 06
Fax : +33 (0) 1 42 86 38 68
Karine Audouze is Associate Professor in Systems biology and Bioinformatics. She is responsible on the Systems Toxicology axis, under the MetaTox team. Her main research interest is in the development of computational systems biology and predictive toxicology models to investigate the effects of exposure to environmental chemicals on human health. Her teaching activities are complementary to her scientific skills (from chemoinformatics to bioinformatics). She is the principal investigator of the European H2020 project OBERON, and the ANR project CREATIvE.
Karine Audouze is a systems biologist with a background in computational chemistry. After a PhD in Chemistry/Bioinformatics at the University of Orléans, France (2001), she worked six years as a computational scientist within pharmaceutical industries (in the medicinal chemistry area) in Denmark, and seven years as Associate Professor in integrative systems biology at the Technical University of Denmark. In 2014, she became associate prof. at Paris Diderot University, and since 2017 she’s part on the 1124 unit.
Her expert knowledge is in the development of network biology and predictive toxicology models by integrating heterogeneous data types. She builds upon a solid background in statistical analyses, data mining, omics analysis and development & use of large-scale databases. She is now using these techniques to ascertain the potential links between environmental chemicals and adverse health outcomes and the potentials for health-environment interactions. She is PI or involved as scientist in several national and international projects (EU H2020, FP7, NIEHS, ANR), where her work is focused on providing computational models to support the integration and interaction between wet- and dry labs; and on developing new innovative tools (for example based on artificial intelligence).
- Computational systems biology as an animal-free approach to characterize toxicological effects of persistent organic pollutants.
Wu Q, Achebouche R, Audouze K : ALTEX, 2020
- Deciphering Adverse Outcome Pathway Network Linked to Bisphenol F Using Text Mining and Systems Toxicology Approaches.
Rugard M, Coumoul X, Carvaillo JC, Barouki R, Audouze K : Toxicol Sci, 2020
- sAOP: linking chemical stressors to adverse outcomes pathway networks.
Aguayo-Orozco A, Audouze K, Siggaard T, Barouki R, Brunak S, Taboureau O : Bioinformatics, 2019
- Linking Bisphenol S to Adverse Outcome Pathways Using a Combined Text Mining and Systems Biology Approach.
Carvaillo JC, Barouki R, Coumoul X, Audouze K : Environ Health Perspect, 2019
- Conflicting associations between dietary patterns and changes of anthropometric traits across subgroups of middle-aged women and men.
Jiang L, Audouze K, Romero Herrera JA, Ängquist LH, Kjærulff SK, Izarzugaza JMG, Tjønneland A, Halkjær J, Overvad K, Sørensen TIA, Brunak S : Clin Nutr, 2019
- Integration of the human exposome with the human genome to advance medicine.
Barouki R, Audouze K, Coumoul X, Demenais F, Gauguier D : Biochimie, 2018
- Epigenetics as a mechanism linking developmental exposures to long-term toxicity.
Barouki R, Melén E, Herceg Z, Beckers J, Chen J, Karagas M, Puga A, Xia Y, Chadwick L, Yan W, Audouze K, Slama R, Heindel J, Grandjean P, Kawamoto T, Nohara K : Environ Int, 2018
- A systems biology approach to predictive developmental neurotoxicity of a larvicide used in the prevention of Zika virus transmission.
Audouze K, Taboureau O, Grandjean P : Toxicol Appl Pharmacol, 2018
- Human Environmental Disease Network: A computational model to assess toxicology of contaminants.
Taboureau O, Audouze K : ALTEX, 2017
- Network-based Approaches in Pharmacology.
Boezio B, Audouze K, Ducrot P, Taboureau O : Mol Inform, 2017
- Effects of Common Pesticides on Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) Inhibition in SC5 Mouse Sertoli Cells, Evidence of Binding at the COX-2 Active Site, and Implications for Endocrine Disruption.
Kugathas S, Audouze K, Ermler S, Orton F, Rosivatz E, Scholze M, Kortenkamp A : Environ Health Perspect, 2016
- In Silico Systems Pharmacology to Assess Drug\\’s Therapeutic and Toxic Effects.
Aguayo-Orozco A, Audouze K, Brunak S, Taboureau O : Curr Pharm Des, 2016
- Transcriptome profiling of brown adipose tissue during cold exposure reveals extensive regulation of glucose metabolism.
Hao Q, Yadav R, Basse AL, Petersen S, Sonne SB, Rasmussen S, Zhu Q, Lu Z, Wang J, Audouze K, Gupta R, Madsen L, Kristiansen K, Hansen JB : Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab, 2015
- Chemical biology databases: from aggregation, curation to representation.
Audouze K, Taboureau O : Drug Discov Today Technol, 2015
- Compass: a hybrid method for clinical and biobank data mining.
Krysiak-Baltyn K, Nordahl Petersen T, Audouze K, Jørgensen N, Angquist L, Brunak S : J Biomed Inform, 2014
- A computational approach to mechanistic and predictive toxicology of pesticides.
Kongsbak K, Vinggaard AM, Hadrup N, Audouze K : ALTEX, 2014
- Applicability of computational systems biology in toxicology.
Kongsbak K, Hadrup N, Audouze K, Vinggaard AM : Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol, 2014
- Polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins, furans, and biphenyls (PCDDs/PCDFs and PCBs) in breast milk and early childhood growth and IGF1.
Wohlfahrt-Veje C, Audouze K, Brunak S, Antignac JP, le Bizec B, Juul A, Skakkebæk NE, Main KM : Reproduction, 2014
- Identification of odorant-receptor interactions by global mapping of the human odorome.
Audouze K, Tromelin A, Le Bon AM, Belloir C, Petersen RK, Kristiansen K, Brunak S, Taboureau O : PLoS One, 2014
- Proteomic analysis of cAMP-mediated signaling during differentiation of 3 T3-L1 preadipocytes.
Borkowski K, Wrzesinski K, Rogowska-Wrzesinska A, Audouze K, Bakke J, Petersen RK, Haj FG, Madsen L, Kristiansen K : Biochim Biophys Acta, 2014
- ChemProt-2.0: visual navigation in a disease chemical biology database.
Kim Kjærulff S, Wich L, Kringelum J, Jacobsen UP, Kouskoumvekaki I, Audouze K, Lund O, Brunak S, Oprea TI, Taboureau O : Nucleic Acids Res, 2013
- HExpoChem: a systems biology resource to explore human exposure to chemicals.
Taboureau O, Jacobsen UP, Kalhauge C, Edsgärd D, Rigina O, Gupta R, Audouze K : Bioinformatics, 2013
- The effect of network biology on drug toxicology.
Gautier L, Taboureau O, Audouze K : Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol, 2013
- A computational approach to chemical etiologies of diabetes.
Audouze K, Brunak S, Grandjean P : Sci Rep, 2013
- Association between chemical pattern in breast milk and congenital cryptorchidism: modelling of complex human exposures.
Krysiak-Baltyn K, Toppari J, Skakkebaek NE, Jensen TS, Virtanen HE, Schramm KW, Shen H, Vartiainen T, Kiviranta H, Taboureau O, Audouze K, Brunak S, Main KM : Int J Androl, 2012
- Cost-effective multiplexing before capture allows screening of 25 000 clinically relevant SNPs in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
Wesolowska A, Dalgaard MD, Borst L, Gautier L, Bak M, Weinhold N, Nielsen BF, Helt LR, Audouze K, Nersting J, Tommerup N, Brunak S, Sicheritz-Ponten T, Leffers H, Schmiegelow K, Gupta R : Leukemia, 2011
- ChemProt: a disease chemical biology database.
Taboureau O, Nielsen SK, Audouze K, Weinhold N, Edsgärd D, Roque FS, Kouskoumvekaki I, Bora A, Curpan R, Jensen TS, Brunak S, Oprea TI : Nucleic Acids Res, 2011
- Many putative endocrine disruptors inhibit prostaglandin synthesis.
Kristensen DM, Skalkam ML, Audouze K, Lesné L, Desdoits-Lethimonier C, Frederiksen H, Brunak S, Skakkebæk NE, Jégou B, Hansen JB, Junker S, Leffers H : Environ Health Perspect, 2011
- Application of computational systems biology to explore environmental toxicity hazards.
Audouze K, Grandjean P : Environ Health Perspect, 2011
- OCT4 and downstream factors are expressed in human somatic urogenital epithelia and in culture of epididymal spheres.
Kristensen DM, Nielsen JE, Kalisz M, Dalgaard MD, Audouze K, Larsen ME, Jacobsen GK, Horn T, Brunak S, Skakkebaek NE, Leffers H : Mol Hum Reprod, 2010
- Deciphering diseases and biological targets for environmental chemicals using toxicogenomics networks.
Audouze K, Juncker AS, Roque FJ, Krysiak-Baltyn K, Weinhold N, Taboureau O, Jensen TS, Brunak S : PLoS Comput Biol, 2010